Friday, June 27, 2008

Beauty at any size

I got married on Saturday and the day was perfect. The weather, which I had finally 'let go and let God' was awesome. It was a bit hot but it was beautifully clear. Not a raindrop in site. My gown fit wonderfully and my hair and makeup did exactly what I wanted it too. The girls dresses all fit, and nobody's hem was crooked (I sewed them all myself). All the groomsmen showed and no one was late. Everyone lined up and then something really funny happened.

We got married on top of a hill at our college in front of a large stone arch. Just before the groomsmen were going to walk down the aisle to the arch a huge crane carrying a tree flew it's way up the hill and toward the arch. I hear a rousing "NO" and see my bridesmaids running at me to keep it out of my sight, I seriously thought Ian had decided to book. I'm hoping someone got a picture.

The rest of the ceremony was beautiful although I don't remember any of it. The reception was spectacular. I smiled, danced and had my picture taken a million times. No doubt I will hate every picture.

I am a big woman and it NEVER bothers me until I see a picture. I just don't think the pictures get it right. I've been told that there is a vitality and a sexuality there that never quite comes through. I consider myself attractive even beautiful. Is it that it can't be contained on paper or is it that what I see looking back at me is a reflection of those parts of my soul that I keep covered?

Anyway, enough dwelling on that. True to form the wedding went so well that I'm looking all around me for catastrophe. I decided not to let that win out and went and got my hair done today. Now I just need to go out somewhere so I don't waste it :) Hurry home husband!

No comments: